Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Lubricated Goat: In The Raw

>
[The fraidy cats at Youtube have taken down the nude Blah Blah Blah In the Raw clip...so here is the official video from the Goat, still gives you the throaty thrill of Stu and the lads but without the knob shots]

When this In the Raw aired on Blah Blah Blah on ABC television in 1988 it caused a sensation. I remember seeing it in my student share house in Toowoomba and thinking, "wow punk actually exists in Australia." Later when I moved to Sydney in 1992 I lived around the corner from "Gracelands", the huge terrace house on Cleveland Street that housed Lubricated Goat. I remember walking around there from my place in Mort Street with a friend from Toowoomba and we stood on the other side of Cleveland just looking at it, like it was shrine or something. The whole scene around The Goat; Thug, Grong Grong, Salamander Jim, The Beasts of Bourbon, Kim Salmon and the Surrealists, The Scientists, Feedtime, Monroes Fur, Box the Jesuit, and so on was a high point in Australian music. Many of these bands are still going but the late 1980's and early 1990's was the high point for the scene. I will post some audio downloads from this glorious time on Friday Downstreams on Soulsphincter.

No comments: