Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bongwater


The Power of Pussy


Nick Cave Dolls


Psychedelic Sewing Room


Lesbians of Russia/Jimmy

I continuing trawling the recesses of my musical memory. Drawing to the surface the tangled wreckage of those tunes that changed my mind and the world around me. Bongwater was the soundtrack to my Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Asian Studies (1988-90).By third year I was finding it difficult to attend classes.

And listening to Bongwater today I can understand why. Ann Magnuson and Mark Kramer create collages of noise layered over with smart ironic vocals that cut through any pretension and a lot of dogmatic thinking. Combined with a strict regime of poetry yoga and the substances of the universe its a wonder I ever finished that degree.

No comments: